The SimThings Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The SimThings Forum

This forum is under renovation!

You are not connected. Please login or register

TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!)

+3
lipsy
Cyber
cinder144uk
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Kid's TV is worse than it's ever been - discuss.

TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Vote_lcap83%TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Vote_rcap 83% [ 5 ]
TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Vote_lcap0%TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Vote_lcap17%TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:24 pm

cinder144uk

cinder144uk
Much missed forum member

Or just songs that are stuck in your head, for me it has to be Raggiedolls
TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Raggy_group250
astrofarm Embarassed
TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Astrofarmlogo

bannry, not the purple dinosor, barrny the all singing all dancing Dog
TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) 840653m

but there are so many other great songs, Roobarb & Custard, button moon and grangehill, well the 80s version at least Razz

2TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty Re: TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:09 pm

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

*Sings*
So if you've got a lump on your nose, or bumps on your toes, do not despair,
Be like the Raggy Dolls, and say, "I just don't care."

Definitely Supergran! Very Happy
Supergran titles here!

I think Lipsy had a thing about The Mysterious Cities of Gold... opening credits here, folks...

https://simthings.editboard.com

3TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty Re: TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:17 pm

lipsy

lipsy
Gifted designer
Gifted designer

Admin wrote:
I think Lipsy had a thing about The Mysterious Cities of Gold... opening credits here, folks...
Oh God yes! How I loved that theme tune! Philip Schofield sent out lyric sheets and everything, but I just knew the words!

The Mysterious Cities of Gold
(spoken)

It is the 16th century. From all over Europe great ships sale west to conquer the new world, the Americas. These men eager to seek their fortune, to find new adventures in new lands. They long to cross uncharted seas and discover unknown countries. To find secret gold on a mountain trail high in the Andes. They dream of following the path of the setting sun that leads to Elderado, and the Mysterious Cities Of Gold.

Children of the Sun,
See your time has just begun,
Searching for your way
Thru Adventures every day

Every day and night
With the condor in flight
With all your friends in tow
We search for the Cities of Gold

Chorus:
Ahhhh-ah-ah-ah
Wishing for the Cities of Go-old
Ahhh-ah-ah-ah
Someday we will find
The Cities of Gold

Doo doo doo do doo
Ahh-ah-ah
Doo doo doo do doo
Cities of Gold

Children of the Sun
Someday soon you're gonna find
That your destiny
Holds the secret, holds the key

Chorus:
Ahhhh-ah-ah-ah
Wishing for the Cities of Go-old
Ahhh-ah-ah-ah
Someday we will find
The Cities of Go-oo-oo-old!

Doo doo doo do doo
Ahh-ah-ah
Doo doo doo do doo
Cities of Gold

Doo doo doo do doo
Cities of Gold

Ahhh-ah-ah-ah
Someday we will find
The Cities of Go-oo-oo-old!

Found those lyrics Here

Also LOVED Dogtanian and the Three Muskahounds Very Happy

4TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty Re: TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:42 pm

cinder144uk

cinder144uk
Much missed forum member

yeah i remember the dog tanian theme tune realy well, but cant remember the lyrics for love nor money Mad lol

5TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty TV programmes Mon May 07, 2007 6:58 pm

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

This is a kind of offshoot of the whole TV themes thing.
So what is / was your favourite programme? What's your all-time top ten?

Last edited by on Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

6TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty Re: TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Mon May 07, 2007 9:02 pm

cinder144uk

cinder144uk
Much missed forum member

Top 10 is Hard for me, i cant posibaly put them in any order. but in no particulor order

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Real Ghostbusters
Ren and Stimpy
Round the world with willyfog
Garfiled and friends
The peanuts (espicaly the Snoppy come home spical)
Thundercats is (definitly at the top of the list)
Grangehill (but it got a bit borning in the 90s)
wisdomof the gnomes
Ruppert the bear
Rugrats (best cartoon of the 90s Laughing )

But as i said in the List Thundercats will always be the biggest cartoon of my childhood, i even to this day have a collection of the toys put away at my grans loft.

7TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty Re: TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Mon May 07, 2007 10:17 pm

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

Saw Ren and Stimpy in there! Joy!

Which Ren and Stimpy Character Are You?

My Results:

TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Quiz796outcome1

Ren Hoek

Ren is an asthma-hound chihuahua with a hot temper and psychotic tendencies. He's often abusive towards his best pal Stimpy, but deep down he cares for his friend.

... which is odd, because I thought I was more like Stimpy. Hmmm... No sir, I don't like it!

8TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty Re: TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Mon May 07, 2007 10:25 pm

cinder144uk

cinder144uk
Much missed forum member

Which Ren and Stimpy Character Are You

My Results:

TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Quiz796outcome2

Stimpson J. Cat

Stimpy is a simple cat. He's mostly content to sit in his litter box and watch television, although he sometimes feels the need to express his brilliant scientific mind.

LOL, ah i wanted to be powdered toast man Laughing

9TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty Re: TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Sun May 27, 2007 3:10 pm

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

Found the episode Space Madness on YouTube. Heh. :larf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPkJhu9JXPM

10TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty Re: TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Sun May 27, 2007 3:20 pm

cinder144uk

cinder144uk
Much missed forum member

fantastic quality cyber Smile

11TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty Re: TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Sun May 27, 2007 6:59 pm

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

Yeah, I was surprised by it, too. I've got some old videotapes of the Ren and Stimpy Show from when we had satellite... looks like Nickelodeon had cut the shows to ribbons to make more 'socially acceptable' ones. In fact I remember watching them and thinking, "well, this half's new but I saw that other half last week."

Apparently there are some rather more adult Ren and Stimpy episodes out there...

12TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty Re: TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Sun May 27, 2007 7:46 pm

cinder144uk

cinder144uk
Much missed forum member

yeah i heard about that a while back, if i find any around my Tv travles in net land i will let you know:).

13TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty Lost season 3 Mon May 28, 2007 2:41 am

cinder144uk

cinder144uk
Much missed forum member

Saw i just saw sat down the season finaly of lost and its blowen my mind.
its not so much as a cliff hanger this time but more of a whats going on here ?, where can they posibly take this next year.

I wont say to much here incase i spoil it for anyone who have not seen it yet.

but if you saw it wrere you happy with it ?

14TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty Re: TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Mon May 28, 2007 11:33 am

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

I've never seen Lost! I don't get a lot of time to watch TV. Embarassed

15TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty Re: TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:58 pm

cinder144uk

cinder144uk
Much missed forum member

well over summer if you have one of thouse rainy days treat yourself to the DVDs, i promise you wont be dispoited by them Smile.
itwill just keep you on the edge of your seat Smile

16TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty Ren and Stmpy Clips. Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:44 pm

RenHoek

RenHoek
Much missed forum member

Hi Cinder,
On your T V travels, you might want to have a look at this,

http://apc.thetma.com/

One or two Ren and Stimpy clips by John Kricfalusi on here.

Regards.

Ren.Cool

17TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty Re: TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:27 pm

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

Oh.
My.
God.
:larf:

Nice avi, by the way. Very Happy

18TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty Ren and Stimpy Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:28 pm

RenHoek

RenHoek
Much missed forum member

Ren and Stimpy wasn't meant to be a children's cartoon, the network cut the first series to ribbons, then they took over the second series half way through production and sacked Kricfalusi, so Kricfalusi made the D V D you can see clips of on thema.Suspect Language, Timothy!

Ren.

19TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty Re: TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:42 am

cinder144uk

cinder144uk
Much missed forum member

well tonight i was talking to about some of our old favorites well asfamous things that made kids Tv X rated

among them was

Pregenet Sue from Sotty
where sue got jelous off matthews girlfriend getting pregent so pretened she to was pregnet.

Adult ren and stimpy series

X rated Rainbow epidosde
To a child, it looks inocent enough but you can bet that over 80 of them will know this episode is just Evil or Very Mad

Thundercats voice clips
This is not the place to repet any lines Smile

but it wasnt all that bad, we had a few tables singing a few 80s Tv hits (Facts of life and charles in charge Wink )

Thanks Ren, didnt notice the link been looking around for these Smile

20TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty Re: TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:33 am

RenHoek

RenHoek
Much missed forum member

Some people think cartoons are automaticly kids stuff, in the seventies we had Fritz the Cat. Language, Timothy!

I saw the Rainbow episode, featuring the banana and the comments about George's little Language, Timothy!.

Did you see the spoof episode of Sooty on "Goodness Gracious Me"? The one where Sooty died?

Do you still get Brayne's Beer and Clark's Pies down your neck of the woods?

Cymru am Byth!

Ren.

21TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty Re: TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:23 pm

cinder144uk

cinder144uk
Much missed forum member

Brayne's Beer is my favorite pint, i live about 30 mins away from the brewy.
we also have clarks pies, put i am not much of a pie person Smile.

yup Wales forever lol! might not be perfict but its home Smile

22TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty Re: TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:04 pm

RenHoek

RenHoek
Much missed forum member

When Clarke's pies were made in Caerdydd, they had CLA PIE stamped on the bottom of each one, but now thy're made in Somerset!!!

Um, a Clarke's Pie, Pint of Braynes and a :cuss:Ren and Stimpy DVD, sounds like a good night in.

Have you seen The Smurfs: Lost Episode? Its around on Google somewhere:smurf:.

Ren.

23TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty Re: TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:57 pm

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

RenHoek wrote:Some people think cartoons are automaticly kids stuff, in the seventies we had Fritz the Cat. Language, Timothy!

I saw the Rainbow episode, featuring the banana and the comments about George's little Language, Timothy!.

Did you see the spoof episode of Sooty on "Goodness Gracious Me"? The one where Sooty died?

Do you still get Brayne's Beer and Clark's Pies down your neck of the woods?

Cymru am Byth!

Ren.

The adult Rainbow? Yeah... "I've only got a little twanger."lol!
There was a bit of an interesting moment with Zippy and George on some show with Jim Davidson, too. It be on the 625 site.

24TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty Re: TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:28 pm

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

The Zippy clip doesn't seem to work but I found the 'twanger' episode on YouTube. eBaumsworld.com have stolen it and put their stamp on it, I note. Thieves. :larf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUzxdulMGN4

25TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Empty Re: TV programmes (HUUUGE TV thread!) Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:01 pm

swuk6

swuk6
Dances like no-one's watching
Dances like no-one's watching

Apart from hollyoaks! :p The finale has made me mad, ill start watching again but its not going to be the same...

http://robswuk6.blogspot.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum