The SimThings Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The SimThings Forum

This forum is under renovation!

You are not connected. Please login or register

RIP: The Tributes Thread

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1RIP: The Tributes Thread Empty RIP: The Tributes Thread Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:06 pm

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

Former children's TV presenter Tony Hart has died today at the age of 83. For many children he was a better art teacher than the one they had at school (same here).

More news about it here.

Rest in peace, Tony - you'll be much missed.

Last edited by Cyber on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://simthings.editboard.com

2RIP: The Tributes Thread Empty RIP: The Tributes Thread Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

I still can't quite believe that Michael Jackson died this week. It's one of those events you just never expect to hear. He was always a kind of Peter Pan figure, so it seems almost totally impossible that he could die.

I liked a lot of his music, although I only ever owned one of his albums. I can still remember the huge cult following he had when I was at school. At the time, he was hot property - yes, a bit odd, but an amazing singer and an impressive dancer - and his name was good for anything he chose to put it to. Everyone wanted a piece of him, from the producers of The Simpsons to LA Gear and Pepsi. He had a certain ring of coolness about him that even the boys in our year group could see. I recall all the sudden emerging 'news' stories about him adopting Bubbles the chimp and the famous oxygen tent photo. I suppose during his reign as the King of Pop he *did* show a few eccentricities, and those allegations of child abuse served only to make him even more reclusive.

Consider how the global press treated him in his glory days and how they're all now building shrines to his memory. Reading the various supplements and multi-page spreads about him, however, revealed a lot about the guy that I just didn't know. I wish now I had learned a bit more about him in life instead of dismissing him as just another eccentric musician with too much money.

All the fame and wealth he had couldn't buy him back the peace, security and normality that he so desperately needed. I hope he finds it now.

Rest in peace, Michael Jackson.

Last edited by Cyber on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

3RIP: The Tributes Thread Empty RIP: The Tributes Thread Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:39 pm

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

Frank Sidebottom, comedian, puppeteer and musician (aka Chris Sievey) died today of a heart attack, aged 54. He had recent undergone surgery to remove a tumour from his chest.

RIP: The Tributes Thread Christ-12

BBC article here

Here's a video of him performing Mull of Timperley. I had this on vinyl! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum