The SimThings Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The SimThings Forum

This forum is under renovation!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Challenge: Build an Island retreat!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Empty Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:27 am

lipsy

lipsy
Gifted designer
Gifted designer

I'm shamelessly borrowing this idea from the Reflex Sims Forum!! I created a tropical island for a competition over there, so I'm challenging you to create one too!

Here are the requirements...

Build an island on a 3X3 Lot, using either terrain paint, or the water tool. It must be surrounded by water, but if you want to play the lot to allow Sims to get to the Island, I will allow you to put some kind've bridge in!!

This Island is to be a holiday location for two, so think of it as a romantic retreat!

It MUST have:
Sand terrain paint covering at least half of the Island
Only one bedroom
Only one bathroom
A living room/area
A dining area (inside or outside - your choice!)
A kitchen
A chillout area
A sunbathing area

It CANNOT have:
A swimming pool (Hey, the sea is on your doorstep!)
A TV

Optional extra's:
A spa/hot tub
A pond
A bar area
An outdoor shower
A BBQ area
(And anything else you can think of and can actually fit on there!)

Think bright airy rooms, bamboo or dark wood, or a light airy beachy theme! You could build on stilts over the water, have a series of interconnecting buildings, or just one main one - it's totally up to you...create it then share some pictures...there's no closing date and no winners, but have some fun! sunny

2Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Empty Re: Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:04 pm

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

lipsy wrote:...there's no closing date and no winners, but have some fun! sunny

We could award prizes if you like. I have some nice award ribbons and stuff we could give to winners to use in their sigs.

Might have a go at these one night but got books to mark and I've put 'em off for long enough already... pale

https://simthings.editboard.com

3Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Empty Re: Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:02 pm

lipsy

lipsy
Gifted designer
Gifted designer

Cyber wrote:
lipsy wrote:...there's no closing date and no winners, but have some fun! sunny
We could award prizes if you like. I have some nice award ribbons and stuff we could give to winners to use in their sigs.
That would be cool Smile

Cyber wrote:Might have a go at these one night but got books to mark and I've put 'em off for long enough already... pale
When does school finish? Another week or so? Up for coming to Cardiff to meet teh Rob and teh Matt? It's looking like Saturday the 21st...

Oh and mark those books!!! bounce Twisted Evil

4Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Empty Re: Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:16 pm

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

Done the books. Razz 27 English books - all of the kids have written stories, and not all of them appear to have been written using real words, or indeed real letters! Still, some lovely ideas. study

Could do the 21st, it'll be the first day of the summer holidays for me.

5Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Empty Re: Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:36 pm

falloutboyrox007

falloutboyrox007
Cuts a fine figure in a catsuit
Cuts a fine figure in a catsuit

Cyber wrote:Done the books. Razz 27 English books - all of the kids have written stories, and not all of them appear to have been written using real words, or indeed real letters! Still, some lovely ideas. study

Could do the 21st, it'll be the first day of the summer holidays for me.

aww ur a teacher. wow. im young enough 2 be ur student. i think. soudns like u teach slightly younger than my age...

6Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Empty Re: Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:44 pm

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

Yep. I teach 7-12 year olds.

7Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Empty Re: Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:22 pm

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

I've built my island retreat... I'm just checking the rules now before I post pics. Very Happy

8Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Empty Re: Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:10 pm

lipsy

lipsy
Gifted designer
Gifted designer

Cyber wrote:I've built my island retreat...
Cool, looking forward to seeing it! Very Happy

9Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Empty Re: Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:57 pm

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

Well, here goes (please be kind)...

This property sits in peaceful solitude in the midst of a blue sea...

Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Snapshot_0000000e_93ad5702

My island retreat is designed to look as though it had been used for something else in a previous life, like some kind of military outpost or something, now living out the rest of its days as a converted holiday home. It's pretty simple...

Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Snapshot_0000000e_f3ad575c

I used water, sand and gravel terrain paints for the land and sea.

Front of house...

Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Snapshot_0000000e_b3ad5468

Diving board at side of house...

Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Snapshot_0000000e_53ad571a

Rear of house...

Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Snapshot_0000000e_f3ad56da

The house boasts a number of small relaxation areas, including patios on the ground and first floors...
Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Snapshot_0000000e_93ad569a
Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Snapshot_0000000e_73ad559c
Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Snapshot_0000000e_d3ad555e

... and within the house, a lounge area and reading area...

Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Snapshot_0000000e_53ad54a0
Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Snapshot_0000000e_93ad54e2

The combined kitchen and dining area adds to the open plan feel on the ground floor...

Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Snapshot_0000000e_53ad54d3

On the first floor a simple hallway leads to one of the upper patios or the bedroom with its en-suite bathroom...

Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Snapshot_0000000e_d3ad560f
Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Snapshot_0000000e_73ad55a5
Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Snapshot_0000000e_93ae1f4c
Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Snapshot_0000000e_13ad55e6

10Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Empty Re: Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:14 am

brainy!!!

brainy!!!
Mover, and indeed, shaker
Mover, and indeed, shaker

wow ! ! ! THAT'S a great house X can u put up a download

11Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Empty Re: Challenge: Build an Island retreat! Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:34 am

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

Check the Houses for Download section. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum