The SimThings Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The SimThings Forum

This forum is under renovation!

You are not connected. Please login or register

My week in newquay

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My week in newquay Empty My week in newquay Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:48 pm

cinder144uk

cinder144uk
Much missed forum member

Day the first
Left home at 9am, which for me was too early in the morning so quiatly naped in the back seat of the car to the sound of rain lassing the windows.
After getting off the M5, i was woken to the soud of my parents screaming at each other because my dad got off at the wrong junction, all ready i knew this holiday was going to be relaxing.
We finnaly got to the campsite around 3pm and got our key for the caravan, only to find that we were at least a mile away from the club house (it may sound like a exaggerataion, but i am serious here Laughing )
So our first evenning was a fun one considering we were all very tierd.
but between the four of us we got through 3 juggs of Carling and a jug of blue laggon.

Day the second
Woke up around 10 pm to the sound of yet more rain but we didnt let it bother us that much as we had a planed trip to the aquerium.
got to see so many intresting sea creatures, but i was horified to see how careless some parents are today.
looking over one of the tanks was a small ovbservation platform with a few sharks and fish with sharp teeth, ok so maybe they are not able to cause any fatal injerys, but still, they can cause some serious injerys . So picture this, kids leaning over the railings with thier legs off the floor screaming look at the sharky, look at the sharky.
thankfuly little billy or suzzie was not part of the fishs diet that day.
ok that may sound a bit mean, but it scares me to see how careless some parents are today.
anyway back to more of the other exibits, i now have a favorite new fish called the wolf fish
My week in newquay Wolffish

Is'nt he handsome Sad
i also got to see a octopus for the first time ever, of corse i seen them in pictures but to see one in person felt like a new expricance to me.
and one last exibit that i just found realy intresting to learn about was the box crab which was about the same size as a large toddler.
Gift shop time, where i was close to adopting a turtle, but they said the only card they accept was master card Sad.
so i donated £20 to protecting sealife around the world insted, along with buying a bottle opener keychain and a cool looking shark necklace.
a quck stop into town because in the rush of getting ready the day before i fogoten to bring a book with me.
I went with a series of unfortinate events books 4-8 since there was no dskworld book in site and i was looking forward to a read of soul music ah well.
more coming soon lamb dinner is calling me cheers

(pps)
sorry about the crapy spelling and grammer

2My week in newquay Empty Re: My week in newquay Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:40 pm

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

What a handsome fishie!

Hope the trip wasn't marred by the badly behaved parents and children, all of whom were old enough to know better. I'd have been tempted to tip one of them over into the tank, just to see what happened, but then I have an enquiring mind.

I get annoyed with parents who don't keep their kids under control when they're out - I have to do it with 30-odd kids when I'm taking them out somewhere and I somehow manage. Grr...

More pics, please - I'm hoping to post some North Wales ones soon but I've left my camera at work...

https://simthings.editboard.com

3My week in newquay Empty Re: My week in newquay Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:23 am

cinder144uk

cinder144uk
Much missed forum member

well a lot of fish would be freaked out, iprobaly would have been one of many to jump in to help.
the biggest risk to a child would have been drowning.

pics coming as soon as my lazy sister uploads the pics off her phone since i left mine in the caravan.

anyway

day the third
Woke up to yet more rain so it looked like it will be another day of indoor atractions.
first i went to one of a mussium containg some of the most valiable tresures in the uk

Prince charles's coranation crown from the 60s
a C3PO made of 18 crt gold
1,000,000 in £5 notes
the austin martin from goldfinger
and a few blocks of 24crt gold, garded by a few blackwidow spiders.
Next i made a stop in the bear factory and made my self a new friend called Ediwn Fink the 3rd Embarassed, which the guy at the counter said that was the most original name he as heard in ages:lol: .
(pics of Edwin coming soon Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum