The SimThings Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The SimThings Forum

This forum is under renovation!

You are not connected. Please login or register

TS2 vs. Vista

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TS2 vs. Vista Empty Does anyone else run TS2 with Vista? Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:06 pm

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

I installed The Sims 2 (base game only) on my new laptop (spec allegedly ok to run it all) running Vista Home Premium. The game starts up (in fact it loads really quickly) but freezes at random. When I click on a new lot to build I can build for so long and then it freezes. I've tried running it in different compatibility modes and as an administrator. I keep my settings really low, too. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what have they done about it? Sad

EDIT: This sucks. It doesn't Language, Timothy! work with Life Stories either. Laptop friendly? What a big pile of Language, Timothy!. None of it Language, Timothy! works. Damn them. Damn them all. *Damns Micro$oft and Maxi$ for not checking compatibility even on new products*

SO, a fun evening of uninstalling ahead, then. Mad

EDIT: DAG NABBIT!!!! Life Stories doesn't work properly either! Yet ironically, The Sims 1 works perfectly well.

https://simthings.editboard.com

2TS2 vs. Vista Empty Re: TS2 vs. Vista Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:53 am

cinder144uk

cinder144uk
Much missed forum member

i know how your feeling i to have now steeped over to vista.
this world is a scary place i dont even know how to run at aero effect on the desktop, an trying to run somthing in the right mode is a pain.

is there a patch on sims2 stoires website ?

i am not sure how well sims22 will run for me but after i type this up i shall find out for you Smile.

3TS2 vs. Vista Empty Re: TS2 vs. Vista Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:23 pm

cinder144uk

cinder144uk
Much missed forum member

Just tried it out, it seems to be working, but the in game Tvs just show a blank screen.

4TS2 vs. Vista Empty Re: TS2 vs. Vista Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:25 pm

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

I've heard of that before. I think there's a patch for it at the TS2 site, but don't quote me on it.

I think I just need stacks more memory in my laptop to run TS2 and I discovered that Life Stories needs a 1.8GHz processor to work with Vista, even with all settings turned right down.

5TS2 vs. Vista Empty Re: TS2 vs. Vista Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:28 am

cinder144uk

cinder144uk
Much missed forum member

i tried the first patch (only got base game instaled right now) didnt work.
the game runs great other than that, but still it feels odd lookin at a blank tv Laughing

6TS2 vs. Vista Empty Re: TS2 vs. Vista Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:28 am

boobooc

boobooc
Just parked here and was wondering if we had any change for the machine
Just parked here and was wondering if we had any change for the machine

I just started playing TS2 on a new computer with Windows Vista. So far, (knocking on wood), I haven't had any problems with the game. I haven't been able to get Q-express to work on my laptop, though.

7TS2 vs. Vista Empty Re: TS2 vs. Vista Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:10 pm

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

boobooc wrote:I just started playing TS2 on a new computer with Windows Vista. So far, (knocking on wood), I haven't had any problems with the game. I haven't been able to get Q-express to work on my laptop, though.

From what I've read at MTS2, neither can anyone else. pale

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum