The SimThings Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The SimThings Forum

This forum is under renovation!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Challenge: Xanadu

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Challenge: Xanadu Empty Challenge: Xanadu Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:43 pm

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

The theme for this competition is Xanadu.

Here's the brief:

Create a lot, Sim or scene based on the theme of Xanadu. Use any custom content you deem necessary. Image editors may NOT be used to enhance the scenes, except to age the images (so NO picture tubes or filters apart from sepia).

If you do a quick search for Xanadu online, you'll find a number of angles from which to approach the project. Up to you which angle you choose but provide a brief explanation with your images.

Have fun!

Last edited by Cyber on Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed closing date)

https://simthings.editboard.com

2Challenge: Xanadu Empty Re: Challenge: Xanadu Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:25 pm

lipsy

lipsy
Gifted designer
Gifted designer

I started working on a lot for this then lost inspiration...if it's still open then I'll try to carry on with it. I found some more CC to use Razz

3Challenge: Xanadu Empty Re: Challenge: Xanadu Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:26 pm

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

lipsy wrote:I started working on a lot for this then lost inspiration...if it's still open then I'll try to carry on with it. I found some more CC to use Razz

Yeah, go for it!

4Challenge: Xanadu Empty Re: Challenge: Xanadu Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:32 pm

lipsy

lipsy
Gifted designer
Gifted designer

Okie dokie Smile

5Challenge: Xanadu Empty Re: Challenge: Xanadu Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:26 am

lipsy

lipsy
Gifted designer
Gifted designer

I finally got the look I was aiming for...and created a scene based on the poem by Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Challenge: Xanadu In_xanadu_01

Challenge: Xanadu In_xanadu_02

Challenge: Xanadu In_xanadu_03

Challenge: Xanadu In_xanadu_04

Challenge: Xanadu In_xanadu_05

Challenge: Xanadu In_xanadu_06

Challenge: Xanadu In_xanadu_07

Challenge: Xanadu In_xanadu_08

Challenge: Xanadu In_xanadu_09

Challenge: Xanadu In_xanadu_10

Challenge: Xanadu In_xanadu_11
(I cheated slightly on this pic - that big blue sky looked empty without a sun, so I added one!)

6Challenge: Xanadu Empty Re: Challenge: Xanadu Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:53 pm

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

OMG

This is gorgeous! It must have taken you ages to put all of this together, so thank you for taking such time and effort to make it and post it here. Is it on any other Sims fora?

A stunning eastern theme - I'd honestly forgotten the poetic roots of Xanadu (I'll blush whilst admitting that Embarassed ) , so this is a really amazing angle to work from. Truly impressive, hon.

I can forgive the added sun - it was needed. sunny

EDIT: Note the new rank! Cool

7Challenge: Xanadu Empty Re: Challenge: Xanadu Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:58 pm

lipsy

lipsy
Gifted designer
Gifted designer

I has a new rank? Awww! Challenge: Xanadu 558828 Thank you! Glad you liked!

I vaguely remembered the poem, I always liked the first two lines. I spotted it when I did my Google search for Xanadu.

The scene took me about three evenings to complete, I hadn't realised how much Moroccan/Indian CC I'd got and it took ages to sort through it!

It's not posted anywhere else, I did it for here Challenge: Xanadu Icon_smile I might post it on my Facebook at some point though.

8Challenge: Xanadu Empty Re: Challenge: Xanadu Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:53 pm

lipsy

lipsy
Gifted designer
Gifted designer

What would your take on it have been? I'm curious now! And I've had Olivia Newton-John stuck in my head since I read the theme btw! Challenge: Xanadu Icon_biggrin

9Challenge: Xanadu Empty Re: Challenge: Xanadu Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:12 pm

Cyber

Cyber
Site admin
Site admin

lipsy wrote:What would your take on it have been? I'm curious now! And I've had Olivia Newton-John stuck in my head since I read the theme btw! Challenge: Xanadu Icon_biggrin

I'd been watching Citizen Kane when I thought of it. His home was called Xanadu and was supposed to represent his whole world as he wanted it, within his own gates. He never finished it and the opulence fell to rack and ruin.

But I did have the Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch song in my head too...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum