The SimThings Forum

This forum is under renovation!

TS2 vs. Vista

Cyber
    TARDIS stowaway

Female
    Number of posts : 1815
    And I say... : "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."
    Tasty Pie Points : 65769
    Registration date : 2007-04-01

Does anyone else run TS2 with Vista?

Post by Cyber on Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:06 pm

I installed The Sims 2 (base game only) on my new laptop (spec allegedly ok to run it all) running Vista Home Premium. The game starts up (in fact it loads really quickly) but freezes at random. When I click on a new lot to build I can build for so long and then it freezes. I've tried running it in different compatibility modes and as an administrator. I keep my settings really low, too. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what have they done about it? Sad

EDIT: This sucks. It doesn't Language, Timothy! work with Life Stories either. Laptop friendly? What a big pile of Language, Timothy!. None of it Language, Timothy! works. Damn them. Damn them all. *Damns Micro$oft and Maxi$ for not checking compatibility even on new products*

SO, a fun evening of uninstalling ahead, then. Mad

EDIT: DAG NABBIT!!!! Life Stories doesn't work properly either! Yet ironically, The Sims 1 works perfectly well.

Male
    Number of posts : 501
    And I say... : We reach out with our hands Brush away the clouds and pierce the sky To grab the moon and Mars but we still can't reach the truth
    Tasty Pie Points : 54906
    Registration date : 2007-04-09

Re: TS2 vs. Vista

Post by cinder144uk on Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:53 am

i know how your feeling i to have now steeped over to vista.
    this world is a scary place i dont even know how to run at aero effect on the desktop, an trying to run somthing in the right mode is a pain.

is there a patch on sims2 stoires website ?

i am not sure how well sims22 will run for me but after i type this up i shall find out for you Smile.
    cinder144uk
    Much missed forum member

Male
    And I say... : We reach out with our hands Brush away the clouds and pierce the sky To grab the moon and Mars but we still can't reach the truth

Post by cinder144uk on Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:23 pm

Just tried it out, it seems to be working, but the in game Tvs just show a blank screen.
    Cyber
    TARDIS stowaway

Female
    And I say... : "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Post by Cyber on Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:25 pm

I've heard of that before. I think there's a patch for it at the TS2 site, but don't quote me on it.

I think I just need stacks more memory in my laptop to run TS2 and I discovered that Life Stories needs a 1.8GHz processor to work with Vista, even with all settings turned right down.

Male

Post by cinder144uk on Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:28 am

i tried the first patch (only got base game instaled right now) didnt work.
    the game runs great other than that, but still it feels odd lookin at a blank tv Laughing
    boobooc
    Just parked here and was wondering if we had any change for the machine

Female
    Number of posts : 3
    Tasty Pie Points : 39830
    Registration date : 2008-01-21

Post by boobooc on Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:28 am

I just started playing TS2 on a new computer with Windows Vista. So far, (knocking on wood), I haven't had any problems with the game. I haven't been able to get Q-express to work on my laptop, though.
    Cyber
    TARDIS stowaway

Female

Post by Cyber on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:10 pm

boobooc wrote:I just started playing TS2 on a new computer with Windows Vista. So far, (knocking on wood), I haven't had any problems with the game. I haven't been able to get Q-express to work on my laptop, though.

From what I've read at MTS2, neither can anyone else. pale

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:21 am