The SimThings Forum

This forum is under renovation!

Just bought a Macbook

Cyber
    TARDIS stowaway

Female
    Number of posts : 1815
    And I say... : "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."
    Tasty Pie Points : 66099
    Registration date : 2007-04-01

Just bought a Macbook

Post by Cyber on Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:47 pm

I've bought a Macbook today, something of a departure as I've been a Windows user since version 2.0. However, it was time for a change and so far I'm not disappointed.

I haven't yet got completely used to the keyboard and the new shortcuts but so far it's been pretty easy to make my way around the OS. I'm running Leopard 10.5 and it all seems pretty smooth right now.

Going to install TS3 later on along with my Studio MX and Office stuff so I might be along later with a slightly different POV on it all, but right now I'm a fairly happy camper! sunny
    RenHoek
    Much missed forum member

Male
    Number of posts : 232
    And I say... : The Motown brothers all wore suits. You look smart in your suit.
    Tasty Pie Points : 54687
    Registration date : 2007-06-04

Re: Just bought a Macbook

Post by RenHoek on Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:16 pm

Look foward to seeing some mac created Mk3 Sims on the ol' forum soon. Very Happy

"You bloated sac of protoplasm!"
    Cyber
    TARDIS stowaway

Female
    And I say... : "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Post by Cyber on Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:33 pm

RenHoek wrote:Look foward to seeing some mac created Mk3 Sims on the ol' forum soon. Very Happy

Won't be long... trust me!

Office and Studio MX installed with no issues. I've done some planning on it this afternoon. Got some of my open-source goodies running on there now, too.

Plugged in my printer this afternoon and didn't need any drivers or any mucking about with plugging and unplugging USB leads to make it 'recognisable'. I can install updates etc. without any faff or slowing down of the machine.

Also just paired it with my phone with no problems. My Windows machine just wouldn't have coped with it.

Yay! Mexican Wave
    swuk6
    The poster that only *loves*.

Male
    Number of posts : 92
    Tasty Pie Points : 54638
    Registration date : 2007-06-10

Post by swuk6 on Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:59 pm

Ive got a legit copy of outlook for mac. if you want it its yours. Never used etc etc. I know it might sound like a weird offer, but lets face it outlook is very useful for emails etc.
    Cyber
    TARDIS stowaway

Female

Post by Cyber on Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:53 am

I've got Entourage for the Mac which seems to do the same thing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:13 pm